Ston Easton Parish extends to 4.2 square miles and covers the villages of Ston Easton, Clapton and part of Emborough. It has a population of 550 and is situated straddling the A37 six miles north of Shepton Mallet and 13 miles south of Bristol and Bath.
Formerly home to the expansive Hippisley Estate, the village is dominated by the Palladian Ston Easton Park which was built in 1769 for John Hippilsey Coxe and which is now a hotel. The village has along history though and existed prior to the Normal Conquest. The Church of St Mary The Virgin is particularly old dating from the 11th century.
Whilst Ston Easton has primarily been a farming village, Clapton has been more closely associated with Midsomer Norton and the coal mining industry. At Emborough, there is the Old Down Inn and there is also a public house in the heart of Clapton. In both villages, there are village halls and at Ston Easton, there are playing fields. The annual Mendip Farmers Point to Point is held just south of the village in March each year.